Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter Two

Ministers, Missionaries and Lay Preachers

There have been seven incumbents of the pulpit since the Glasgow Presbytery, North, of the United Presbyterian Church, in 1879, gave permission that Bishopbriggs U.P. Church be formed. In 1900 the name changed to Kenmure United Free Church and after the Union of the Presbyterian and Free Churches in 1929 it became Kenmure Church of Scotland.

Each has contributed in his own way leaving a legacy of changes that have constantly taken place to meet the needs of the time. They have guided the congregation throughout their ministry and all have served with dedication and have nurtured the faith of the congregation offering spiritual and pastoral care. They have also worked with the community, been chaplains in local hospitals and schools, served on the Board of Education and shared in fellowship with other local churches.

Charles Dick (1879-1915)

The first minister to be called was the Reverend Charles Dick of Burghead, Moray, A ceremony was held on 30th October 1879 in the church in Schoolfield Lane attended by the Moderator of the UP Presbytery and other ministers, elders and the Rev Alexander Watt of Burghead to proclaim and ordain Mr Dick as minister and install him as a member of the presbytery. A public service of worship was held at which he received the right hand of fellowship.

Born in Burghead in 1847 he served his ministry in Bishopbriggs for 36 years overseeing the building of the present church. The congregation at Bishopbriggs was neither large nor wealthy but they struggled on under his guidance. He worked tirelessly to bring about the building of the present church and was proud of the fact that before he retired in 1915 the building was free of debt at last. He was uncomplaining that he and his wife had no manse and lived in a variety of rented accommodation in Bishopbriggs. Unfortunately in 1895 his wife died. His much younger sister, came to Bishopbriggs to help him.

On his retirement from Kenmure, in 1915, he was termed Senior Minister, a courtesy title which ensured that a part of his stipend continued to be paid by the church, a sort of pension.

He went back to Burghead but as it was wartime he discovered that all the local ministers had gone off to serve as chaplains and he was drafted as locum there until 1918. On his death in 1922 his funeral was held in Kenmure Church.

The pulpit was draped in a black cloth during the service and he is interred in Cadder Cemetery. A fund was opened for a memorial and when it was unveiled by Dr Coupar in 1925 it was covered by the same cloth. It graced the left hand side of the back wall. The congregation filed past paying their respects and leaving the church by the back door. In 1948 it was moved to its present position on the left hand wall.

John MacMillan (1915-1925)

Born in Port Dundas he attended Keppochhill School, Springburn. He was a self-made man who came from a humble background. On serving his time as an apprentice blacksmith in Springburn, he obtained his first job as a journeyman with the North British Locomotive Company, Springburn. His next move was to A & J Inglis, Glasgow where during his midday dinner break he taught himself Greek and Latin. He applied to the University of Glasgow and was accepted, going on to successfully study for an M.A.

Not content with this he also studied divinity and was ordained at Blantyre Congregational Church in 1904. In 1915 he moved to Ardrossan Congregational Church and in the same year was admitted as a minister of the United Free Church and received a call from Kenmure United Free Church, Bishopbriggs, after three previous applicants had withdrawn, where he served until 1925. When he spoke at the Jubilee in 1927 he said that he had researched the early days of the church but many documents had been lost. Because he was brought up in Springburn he was known in Bishopbriggs and was sorry to say that some people were more snobbish than he realised but he felt that he had eventually won their respect.

In May 1916, he was presented with a bicycle by the congregation and friends in the district as a 'token of esteem' although he had only been in office for nine months. In May 1917 he was presented with his pulpit robes the ceremony being carried out by Miss McEachran, Boghead Villa, Lenzie, sister of the Session Clerk. She said, "We hope that you may have much comfort in wearing them and that the blessing of the Lord may be with them and pray you may be long spared to preach the Gospel".

In 1919, the Church at last bought a manse, Ashwell, High Possil - in a row of cottages at the far end of Milton - which he moved into in 1920. In 1925 he was appointed as Supervisor to the Education Board of Cadder and visited schools in Bishopbriggs, Lochfauld and Cadder.

A man of principles this often led him into controversial situations. In 1923 the entire Kirk Session resigned and took their case to the Presbytery who upheld it. However all that happened was that a new Session was appointed and life continued.

He was a dedicated evangelist who had preached at street corners and marched in evangelical parades. He wrote vociferous letters to the Secretary of State for Scotland when the Corporation of Glasgow tried to fine unlicensed lay preachers who gave addresses on Glasgow Green. He preached against the consumption of alcohol and denounced it at every opportunity. He encouraged the youth of the church and many attended, sang in the choir, taught in the Sunday School and were members of the organisations.

A man of strong opinions, a powerful preacher and a staunch Protestant, he supported the Auchinairn and Bishopbriggs Loyal Orange Lodge, No. 32 Chapter, which met in Kenmure Hall, Schoolfield Lane and at the Juvenile Lodge Treat in January 1916 urged the young people to 'keep the protestant flag flying' . . . 'For on them (the boys) depended the future of good true Orangemen'. He also had strict ideas about what entertainment was suitable on church premises. When the Church Choir gave a concert of sacred songs in the Church in April 1925 the audience had to restrain themselves from clapping because applause was forbidden in the Church building.

He did not approve of the church being used for films, whist drives or dances. In September 1925 he challenged Glasgow U.F. Presbytery to prevent old church buildings no longer needed from being turned into dance halls or cinemas which in his words turned these reverent places 'into buildings in which the flesh and the Devil were in full dress' but his motion failed. His support for young people was manifest. During his ministry the Boys' Brigade Company was formed, the Young People's Meetings began, the annual New Year's Children's Treat was established and during the industrial upheaval of the 1920s Children's Breakfasts were initiated. As a teetotaller he denounced strong drink and started the Band of Hope.

In 1923 he was approached to be Principal of a new college in Glasgow but declined. When, however, a call came from St James U.F. Church, (closed 1954) Great Hamilton St. (now London Rd), in 1925, he felt that it was time to move on. His connection with Kenmure was maintained over the years and he attended the Jubilee in 1927 and other special occasions.

In 1936, at the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland he supported a motion to ban the setting up of a Scottish Mothers' Union because he believed that it would always have the shadow of Episcopalianism behind it. He wrote several pamphlets the most famous being, Scotland: No Mean Country, which was about Scots who had influenced the world. He died in 1939.

Allan Williamson (1926-1961)

Allan Williamson was born in Greenock in 1873 and educated at St Andrew's Square Primary School, Greenock High School and the University of Glasgow where in 1916 he graduated MA. He attended the United Free Theological College in Glasgow where he gained distinction in every class. As a probationer in the Church of Scotland he served as Assistant Minister at Hamilton West U.F. Church from 1917-1918. Next came two years as locum tenens in Queen Street Church, Castle Douglas. His first call to East Church, Kilbirnie came in 1920 and he was ordained on 8th November serving five years until his translation to Kenmure in April, 1926.

His brother was also a minister and they were both active in the Temperance Movement taking part in the 1925 No Licence Campaign. This was a cause with which he was associated all his life.

His call to Kenmure came in 1926 and he was inducted on Thursday, April 1926 by the Rev James Hogg BD. Glasgow Presbytery was represented by Rev J Watson Kelly, (ex Springfield) Rev Robert Primrose, Springfield and James Walker, a Springfield Elder. The East Church, Kilbirnie presented Mr and Mrs Williamson with a 'handsome drawing room cabinet' and a cake stand. At the Induction Social the next evening the Rev John Lindsay presided and addresses were given by Rev W. Biggan, (Saltcoats), Rev K Cameron Govan (Cadder) and J Watson Kelly (ex Springfield).

A newspaper report in September, 1926 mentions that on the occasion of his preaching at Greenock he was a 'forceful preacher', young, arresting and dealing with subjects in an interesting way. 'There is a bright future before him. Bishopbriggs, to which he has gone will see him make good until he is discovered by one of the larger City churches'. Thankfully this prophecy did not come true and he devoted his life to Kenmure.

One of his first innovations was to start a congregational magazine, Joyful News, to be issued twice per year. He also began the evening service preaching on a wide variety of popular and attractive subjects and these were well attended. Soloists and the choir sang specially selected items.

He was involved in the wider community and on the 20th May 1926 not long after his induction, he had the sad task of jointly conducting the funeral service for the victims of the Cadder Pit Disaster. He was at the gravesides in Cadder Cemetery as they were laid to rest. He was convenor of Auchinairn School and was active on the local Youth Panel. He appealed to the County Council to fence off Kenmure Quarry.

In 1960 he preached the sermon at the opening of the War Memorial Hall, Balmuildy Road. He was also a practical minister who repaired floor boards in Kenmure Hall when necessary and when ashes were accumulated from the boiler to be used to surface the original car park at the church he started to spread them himself until one of the quarry managers noticed and sent one of his men to take over.

David Kerr, Moderator of Glasgow Presbytery, sent congratulations on Allan Williamson attaining his ministerial jubilee on 4th October 1970. He congratulated him for his service, spiritual pastoring and for his 'amazing genius' at raising money for good causes, his attention and comfort to the sick in Stobhill Hospital and to the mentally ill in Woodilee Asylum.

On 18th April 1951, Allan WilliamsonÕs 25th year as minister, a social evening took place with songs, readings and addresses by amongst others The Rev H.H. Aitchison, Belfast, Rev E. Heavenor, Kilmarnock and the Session Clerk, Duncan Robertson. Presentations were made to Mr Williamson by Mrs Telford and to Mrs Williamson by Mrs McAllister. Tickets for the occasion, which included a light supper, thanks to the ladies of the Women's Guild, cost 1/3d.

On the 22nd November 1961, after 35 and a half years service to Kenmure Church, Allan Williamson retired. In his speech, Gordon Bruce said that there were only 12 members left who were at his induction. The membership of the church had trebled and Bishopbriggs had grown and was now seeking burgh status. John Steven, Kenmure Farm, presented a refrigerator to Mrs Williamson - his mother robed the minister in 1926.

Mrs Williamson was almost blind with very limited sight for many years. She was a great help to him in his ministry. When he retired in 1961 he bought a house in Stepps which he named Kenmure. Unfortunately he suffered bad health just after he retired and for 11 years was nursed by Mrs Williamson. He died in Cleland Hospital, Motherwell on 4th February 1973 and was survived by Mrs Williamson and their son Allan, a physicist.

Charles Heriot (1962-1967)

From assistant minister at Greenbank Church, Clarkston he came to Kenmure as his first charge. At his induction on 28th June 1962 he was welcomed by William Beveridge, who had just become Session Clerk and robed by Mrs Telford. Members of the congregation gave him the right hand of fellowship and Mrs Irvine made a presentation to Mrs Audrey Heriot.

A young and fresh minister following one who had served for over 35 years at first it seemed a daunting task but early on he began to make changes and stamp his own personality on the way that things were done. He brought the Sunday School into the morning service on special occasions, revived the evening service, albeit once a month from October to April to begin with, re-started a magazine. In his reminiscences in the Centenary Issue of the magazine in 1979 he recalls that at his first baptism he had an ink stain on his finger and the baby was handed back with a blue spot in the middle of his forehead.

Bill Tennant of STV with Mr and Mrs Heriot and Bill Beveridge at Kenmure Sale of Work 1962
(Picture by Harry Rennie)

In 1967 he and Dr Burnett were commissioners at the General Assembly when one of the debates was about licensing women as preachers. He was called to Polmont in 1967 where he still serves and acted as Senior Chaplain to The Rt Rev Alexander McDonald on his appointment as Moderator of the General Assembly in 1997. He was recently back in Bishopbriggs wearing his other hat, that of expert on the Glasgow Tramways System on which he gives illustrated talks.

Philip H. Jones (1968-1987)

He was born in Wales but came to Scotland to work in industry for several years before deciding, at the age of 40, to study divinity. He was a widower with twins, Martyn and Alice when he met and married Christine, a teacher, who was a great support to him at Kenmure. He was a talented artist both in watercolours and particularly of pen and ink sketches, many of which adorned the front covers of the church magazines.

Kenmure was his first and only charge. At his ordination and induction on Wednesday, 26th June 1968 the charges were given by the Rev A.S. Dingwall, of the Sunday School Union and he was robed by Mrs Telford who also made a presentation to Mrs Jones. He was particularly encouraging of young people and their participation in the life of Kenmure. In 1980 he wrote in the magazine about his pleasure in his chaplaincies and especially at the Ogilvie Wing of St Mary's where boys who had committed serious offences were housed.

In 1983 he was proud of the Youth Fellowship's weekend of outreach in August as Swing Park Evangelists, in Bishopbriggs Park. He was keen that younger men should aspire to become elders to ensure the future of Kenmure. He remarked about the Centenary, in 1979, that it should be seen 'not as a terminus but a milestone'. He had a wry sense of humour and at the Centenary in 1979 quoted David Livingstone 'Hats off to the past, jackets off to the future'. When he retired the Jones' went to live in Kirkmuirhill, South Lanarkshire. He is now in Auchlochan Home, South Lanarkshire and several members of the congregation keep in touch.

D. Stuart Crawford (1988-1991)

A young and enthusiastic man he came to Kenmure from being assistant minister at Temple Anniesland, Glasgow. He was an interesting and controversial preacher who kept the congregation alert. He had the gift of making people feel that they should do better and was good at getting them to volunteer their services. He modernised the Sunday School and it was renamed Junior Church.

He felt that their attendance at morning service provided entertainment for the adults and cut down the amount of time they had to learn about Jesus. At baptisms he carried the baby up and down the aisle so that the congregation could see who they were promising to care about.

At the Week of Christian Unity held in Bishopbriggs Christian Centre in January 1988 he was the main speaker. He also introduced the idea of tea and coffee being made available after the morning service so that members had an opportunity to chat with and get to know each other. In 1991 under sad personal circumstances he had to demit his charge.

Iain Laing (1992-present)

The arrival of a son to Bessie and John Laing, on 21st September 1944, was to prove extremely significant and spiritually beneficial to members and friends of Kenmure Church in Bishopbriggs, almost 50 years later. The Rev. Iain Archibald Laing spent his pre-school years living in Hillington, before the family moved to Thornliebank. The normal primary and secondary education was followed by a couple of gap years, before Iain accepting God's call, enrolled at Edinburgh University, to study for the Ministry

A year's probationary spell followed, assistant at St Magnus Cathedral, in Kirkwall, Orkney, which clearly provided Iain with a superb insight into the many facets of church life. One fond, if humorous, memory of his Kirkwall time, he recalled recently. The church needed to provide an assistantÕs chair and the order was placed with the local undertaker. In time a beautifully crafted chair was built and placed in position for the service of dedication. While he processed to the chair, the organist played "Who is he in yonder stall?".

Iain received the call to his first charge of St Margaret's in Tollcross, Glasgow, in November 1971 and thirty months later, in June 1974, Iain was married to Ruth Ann Cairney, in Cathcart Baptist Church, Glasgow. The wedding was conducted by a friend of the Laing's the Rev Eric Alexander.

The young couple's first home was the St Margaret's manse in Hamilton Road, Mount Vernon, where, despite the interior decor chosen by Iain when a bachelor was not to Ruth's taste the newly weds settled down happily to married life, with Ruth becoming 'Lady of the manse' - a name that to this day, does not sit comfortably with her.

Iain served 12 challenging years at St Margaret's before accepting his next call to the Island of Bute. In May 1983, he became minister of the linked charges of the High Kirk of Rothesay with Kingarth and Kilchattan Bay.

The Laing family consisted of Jennie born in 1976, Alastair born in 1978 and now they were to be further blessed by the arrival of second son Andrew with impeccable timing on Christmas Eve 1984. Because had he delayed making his entrance on that day additional problems might have been experienced as there were no sailings to the mainland maternity units on Christmas Day. In June 1992, it was announced that Iain had accepted the unanimous call, to be minister at Kenmure Church in Bishopbriggs where he remains at the helm.

Iain is a man of great faith and says of his ministry: "I simply believe in the power of God to change people. I've always felt the best witness to Christ is a church where people learn to agree and disagree, but always under the banner of Christ's love. Give me people to tell the message of the Gospel and I am content".

Iain adds with conviction, "The changing world of today presents new challenges for us all, but cannot be too frightening, when we face them in faith, with no fears for the future". In his ministry he is supported by Ruth who says, "Seeing folk come to Christ, and grow in that faith throughout life's journey to prove his faithful loving and keeping is my greatest joy". Together they have been a great asset to Kenmure.
Bert Bell

Ministers from the Congregation

A number of members have felt the call of God to either become ministers or to devote their life to serve as missionaries.

Robert Dickson (1862-1926) was a house painter and an elder in Kenmure. In 1896, at the age of 34, he decided to study for the ministry. He carried out missionary work at Garngad and was chaplain to the fever hospitals of Ruchill and Belvidere and in 1914 to Barnhill Poor House. A fervent temperance reformer he was a supporter of the No Licence campaign. On his death in 1926, aged 64, a service was held in Kenmure conducted by Rev John McMillan, (then of St. James). The church was full and the vestibule awash with floral tributes. A special carriage was required to transport them to Sighthill cemetery.

In the 1920s three members became ministers, Robert Watson who emigrated to Canada, Archibald Kerr who served in New York and Walter Miller who was ordained in Whitburn, Lanarkshire.

Alexander Rose Rankin (1889-1984) Superintendent of the Young People's Meeting, was a committee member of the Foundry Boys Society and active in the Children's Breakfast Scheme at Kenmure Hall in the 1920s. He carried on business as a slater and plasterer in Bishopbriggs for many years was ordained as an elder in 1930. He was also a member of the Board of Management. He decided in the 1930s to study divinity and qualified as a pastor in 1935 while continuing to study as a missionary, his idea being to serve in the foreign mission field. However the war intervened and in August 1940 he was ordained to his first charge at St Columba's, Govan United Free Church. He returned to Bishopbriggs after he retired and in 1982 at the age of 93 was apologising that he could no longer attend the Bible Class and Prayer Meeting.

T. Crowther Gordon, DFC, BD preached at an evening service in Kenmure in April 1930. He was described by the Kirkintilloch Herald as 'a local man who in his new charge of the Union Church, Clydebank has attracted a large congregation by a series of Sunday lectures on quite exceptional subjects' but no details are given.

John (Jack) Owen, from the age of 13 to 22, attended Kenmure Church. He was a member of the BB Company and 'joined the church' when the Rev. Allan Williamson was minister. He was also a Sunday School teacher at the same time as Sandy McDonald. At this time he worked in the distribution department of D.C. Thomson, publishers.

Following his National Service, in the RAF in 1962, Jack studied for the Ministry. His first charge, in 1967, was at Bailleston St Andrews which was formed from the union of two churches and resulted in a completely new building in 1974. Jack served this congregation until 1980 when he moved to Lochmaben taking over the linked charge of Applegarth and Sibbaldbye, Dumfries and Galloway until he 'retired' in October 2001.

His retirement was short lived as he took over the Church of Scotland in Lisbon, Portugal in January 2002 for a year.
He subsequently oversaw the vacant linked churches of Auchincairn & Kelton, Galloway, between 2003 and 2005.

The Rt Rev Alexander (Sandy) McDonald, baptised in Kenmure in 1937, was a member of the Sunday School and became a Life Boy in the 182nd BB in 1945. His first 'career' was as a managerial trainee with Brownlee's Saw Mills, Port Dundas. This was followed by National Service in the RAF from 1958-1960.

Sandy studied divinity at the University of Glasgow and was Student Assistant at Merrylee Church before his first charge at St David's, Bathgate. In 1974 he moved to St Mark's, Paisley and in 1988 took up the post of General Secretary with the Board of Ministry.

On becoming Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in 1997, Kenmure, as his 'family church', observed the Church of Scotland tradition and donated £500 to help with additional expenses.

Sandy returned to preach in his home church on Sunday 19th October 1994 and took the congregation on a 'mini tour' of Kenmure Personalities and People. Many welcomed him back in the New Hall after the service and lunch was taken in the manse. Mr and Mrs Heriot were fellow guests.
His mother, Janette, was also president of the Women's Guild.

Sandy's other 'claim to fame' is as father of the former Dr Who, actor David Tennant.

John Lafferty, a divinity student at University of Glasgow, was a welcome addition to Kenmure for six months for practical experience during his final year. At Easter 1996 he left to concentrate on his exams. A member of Tron St Mary's, he and his wife Moira and family live in Bishopbriggs. In March, 1997 he was accepted for licensing and became assistant at New Kilpatrick Church, Bearsden.

Keith Saunders and his wife, Isobel and family joined Kenmure in 1999 on his appointment as Whole-Time Chaplain: West Glasgow Hospitals. He is a native of Berwick-upon-Tweed and worked in banking with the TSB in Edinburgh. He wrestled with a call to the ministry for 18 months then applied and was accepted as a candidate. He studied at Edinburgh University, New College, and qualified in 1982. He was assistant minister at Dalkeith followed by ordination to his first charge Calder Parish Church, Coatbridge where he served for 16 years.

"It was my sole intention to be nothing other than a parish minister . . . but an invitation came to me to be a part-time Hospital Chaplain. Further responsibilities from the Presbytery of Hamilton to manage the Chaplaincy Service between the Church and the Healthcare Agencies led to an offer as Whole-Time Chaplain to the West Glasgow Hospitals, a newly created post which is happening more frequently in the present healthcare scene". He has now embarked on a part-time MSc in Palliative Care with Marie Curie, accredited by Napier University.


Ernest Burnett was a missionary in the Livingstone Mission in Africa in 1943. Eric Owen, brother of Rev. Jack Owen, was also in the 182nd BB Company and became a church member of Kenmure. He spent two years as a missionary in Nigeria working for the Sudan Interior Mission. Moira Gentles served in Kalimpong in the 1960s and Alice Jones, daughter of the minister, went as a missionary to Livingstonia, Malawi in 1978 to teach the children in the primary and secondary school there run by the Church of Central Africa Presbyterian, the HQ of the Presbyterian Church in northern Malawi. She kept in touch with Kenmure under the Missionary Partner Scheme and her letters appear in several magazines. She is now back in Scotland with her three sons and lives in Kirkmuirhill near her father, Rev Philip Jones.

Gail McNab was prayer secretary of Kenmure in 1989. On the 5th of July 1991 she joined the MV Anastatsia, owned by Mercy Ships, a Christian group who reach out to help people both physically and spiritually. The crew are all volunteers and have to raise their own finances. In 1992, although a trained midwife, she served on the Ivory Coast as operating room nurse involved in facial and eye surgery. Every morning before beginning their long day the crew met to pray.

Not missionaries in the accepted sense but nonetheless spreading the Gospel are David and Sheena Warrilow who in 1999 moved to live in Bracknell, Berkshire, where they are helping to establish a new church on their housing estate.

Lay Readers

In 1983 Tom Callender, a lecturer in engineering at University of Strathclyde, joined the congregation for three months as part of his training as a Church of Scotland lay reader. He helped with the Youth Fellowship and the Bible Class and preached on several occasions. He was a member of Tron St Mary's, Springburn and was set apart as a Lay Reader on 24th November 1980 at a service in St John's Renfield Church. James Lockhart, a senior prison officer at Barlinnie Prison, spent six months with Kenmure in 1986. He was a member of Springfield Cambridge.

Jack Campbell

In 1992 I joined the congregation at Kenmure Church after being Session Clerk at Trinity Possil and Henry Drummond Church in Parkhouse. Dr Andrew McGowan, who was minister there at the time encouraged me to become a Reader, although I had been a Lay Preacher since 1960. Fortunately I was not required to do any additional training as I had a BD from London University. I was 'Set Apart' for the Readership in 1989 when Rev. David Easton was Moderator of Glasgow. Shortly after this event he kindly asked me to preach in his church at Burnside.

On average, I had preached about ten times a year, until the summer of 1998 when Rev. Hugh Wallace asked me to be Locum at his church, Mount Florida, while he was on Study Leave for four months. I did some of the preaching, took four funerals and visited sixty homes during my time there.

In 2004 I was Locum in High Carntyne for three months. In 2005 Hugh Wallace invited me back to Mount Florida for a second stint there as Locum. As I was finishing this I had a phone call from Rev. David Lunan, Presbytery Clerk, asking me to be Locum at Calton Parkhead. As the minister has since resigned, I am still there and will be for the foreseeable future.
Jack Campbell

Youth Worker

Alison Wright became leader of the Junior Church when it was set up in 1990. In 1994 she decided to attend the Methodist, Cliff College, Sheffield, to study for a Diploma in Evangelism. Her success in gaining first prize for New Testament studies shocked her and she was delighted to have come so far. In her second year she was sent out on Missions at weekends, a ten day one and a three week one. She also went into secondary schools and attended conferences. She had to knock on doors, take services, preach and attend children's clubs.

Having passed with merit she worked in Manchester as a part-time youth worker serving seven churches. She is now Lay Worker for Pastoral Youth Care at Knutsford Methodist Church and is married to Neil who she met at Cliff College.

Chapter Three

This site is © Kenmure Church 2008, All Rights Reserved.
Website templates